Avocado Chickpea Relish
You definitely want to try this avocado chickpea perfect relish with your grilled fish dishes. I served it here with orange grilled shrimp. The avocado chickpea relish pairs perfectly with the other flavors; it’s satisfying, nutritious and delicious. The dish provides the perfect balance of protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats. Protein and fat provide satiety, as well as slow down the absorption of carbohydrates, keeping our blood sugar steady. However, avocado is the star here, which is the only one pitted fruit that has a substantial amount of monounsaturated fat, and can lower cholesterol. Avocado is also loaded with B6, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, and fiber. Chickpeas are loaded with fiber and minerals as well. All in all, this avocado chickpea relish is a nutritional powerhouse!
So, do you have ten minutes? That’s about all it takes to put this avocado relish together!!
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 red roasted pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 large shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 can low sodium chickpeas, rinsed
- zests of one lemon and lime
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place capers, roasted red pepper, parsley, jalapeno pepper, shallot, sundried tomatoes, and garlic in a small food processor and pulse only until mixed. Be careful not to process too much.
- 2. Add the chickpeas, zests, avocado, and juices. Mix and season with salt and pepper if needed.
Subscribe for the latest Real Tips!
I believe thatyou can be the by giving your body what it delicious, whole foods, movement, living mindfully, and connecting to others.
Enter your email below to get the latest Real Tips and Real Recipes, as well as exclusive access to members-only Recipes, eBooks, discounts, and more!
Let me help you be the best you possible: the REAL You.