Move over sushi and fruit roll ups!! Really, what do I do with all of this zucchini?? Here is my healthy take on a small plate cocktail hour appetizer….
The recipe is quick, healthy and satisfying.
- 4 small zucchini
- 1-2 T extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- balsamic vinegar glaze to drizzle
- 1 ½ cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 1T Romano cheese
- Lemon zest and juice of one lemon
- Garlic powder to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup chopped nuts of choice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Spinach or basil leaves
- Cut off the stem end of the zucchini.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini lengthwise into paper-thin strips.
- Season with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with rest of ingredients until mixed.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the ricotta filling on the cut end of the zucchini strips, top with one of the spinach or basil leaves.
- Roll the zucchini strip over the filling.
- Top with freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- PREPARED FOR LIGREENMARKET BY MADELINE BASLER, RDN, CDN
- REAL YOU NUTRITION
Subscribe for the latest Real Tips!
I believe thatyou can be the by giving your body what it delicious, whole foods, movement, living mindfully, and connecting to others.
Enter your email below to get the latest Real Tips and Real Recipes, as well as exclusive access to members-only Recipes, eBooks, discounts, and more!
Let me help you be the best you possible: the REAL You.