Sweet Potato Wild Rice Salad!
Fall is in the air at the Long Beach Farmers Market, and sweet potatoes are on the menu! A sweet potato hash recipe was given to me that was originally taken from the Neely’s at the Food Network, but as you know I can never leave well enough alone (there was room for improvement, here)! The end result, is worthy to grace the Thanksgiving table this year, we all agreed. It was sweet, savory, and loaded with antioxidants, especially vitamin A! Hope you like it as much as the market did…
Sweet Potato Wild Rice Salad
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled, cubed into 1-inch cubes
- 3 T olive oil divided
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 large red pepper chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large apple chopped
- 1 cup prepared wild rice
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1- teaspoon cumin
- 1- teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Orange extra virgin olive oil to garnish if desired
- Boil the potatoes until slightly tender.
- Drain and dry completely with paper towels.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, pepper, carrots, green onions and garlic, and sauté until lightly golden about 5 minutes.
- A the last minute, toss in the apple as well.
- Remove, add remaining oil and drained sweet potatoes in a single layer and cook till golden and crisp about 6 minutes again.
- At the last minute, add the rice to warm.
- Add to the onion mixture.
- Add the juices, zest, spices, honey and toss to combine.
- Garnish with seeds and orange olive oil.
Real You Nutrition
Subscribe for the latest Real Tips!
I believe thatyou can be the by giving your body what it delicious, whole foods, movement, living mindfully, and connecting to others.
Enter your email below to get the latest Real Tips and Real Recipes, as well as exclusive access to members-only Recipes, eBooks, discounts, and more!
Let me help you be the best you possible: the REAL You.