Sweet Shrimp Tacos
Its Taco Tuesday! This month Recipe Redux wanted us to do a healthy take on a taco. These sweet scrumptious shrimp tacos are packed with vitamins, minerals, taste and low in calories. The shrimp provides essential choline, the veggies and fruit provide significant antioxidants. A great combo of sweet and tangy with a balance of protein, healthy fats, and carbohydrates. I hope you like them as much as my family does!
- 1pound of large shrimp (approximately 20), deveined and tails removed
- One lime (zest and juice)
- 1T chopped cilantro
- 1T extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper
- Two mediums chopped red peppers
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2-teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 cup chopped peach
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/4-cup cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado cut in small pieces
- 1 lime tested and juiced
- 1-tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Cilantro yogurt dressing:
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. lime zest
- Corn tortillas
- Shredded red cabbage
- Marinate the shrimp:
- Mix the lime juice, zest, extra virgin olive oil and cilantro in a small bowl. Sprinkle the shrimp liberally with garlic powder, onion powder and lightly with cayenne pepper. Pour the lime cilantro mixture over the shrimp and spread out in a single layer; let marinate for 1/2 hour.
- Make the veggies:
- Sauté the peppers, red onion, garlic, corn, and tomato in a small amount of oil till tender. Add the shrimp, cumin and lime and cook until done (I like when its browned).
- Make the salsa:
- Mix all salsa ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the cilantro yogurt:
- Mix all ingredients for the yogurt together.
- Toast the corn tortillas
- Putting it all together:
- Place shrimp mixture (3 shrimp) on top of a corn tortilla, top with desired amount of salsa and red cabbage and finish with a dollop of the cilantro yogurt dressing
Subscribe for the latest Real Tips!
I believe thatyou can be the by giving your body what it delicious, whole foods, movement, living mindfully, and connecting to others.
Enter your email below to get the latest Real Tips and Real Recipes, as well as exclusive access to members-only Recipes, eBooks, discounts, and more!
Let me help you be the best you possible: the REAL You.