Fresh Blueberry Salsa
SOMETHING BLUE. Well I guess you can see what is on my mind, since two of my kids got engaged these past few months. But I felt that this traditional wedding poem could be applied to doing SOMETHING NEW WITH SOMETHING BLUE like BLUEBERRIES: Made this salsa for a food demo at LI GreenMarket and I was asked to bottle it! It did taste delicious, hope you enjoy…..
LIGreenMarket.Org Recipe Series Blueberry Salsa
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh peaches or pineapple
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ avocado chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped red yellow or orange pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp. gingerroot grated
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper and additional lime juice as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with whole-grain pita, chips, chicken, or fish
Madeline Basler, RDN, CDN
Real you Nutrition, PLLC
Subscribe for the latest Real Tips!
I believe thatyou can be the by giving your body what it delicious, whole foods, movement, living mindfully, and connecting to others.
Enter your email below to get the latest Real Tips and Real Recipes, as well as exclusive access to members-only Recipes, eBooks, discounts, and more!
Let me help you be the best you possible: the REAL You.