Broccoli Rabe and Crumbled Chicken Sausage Pizza
This months theme for Recipe Redux “Vacation Inspired Recipe”. Studying abroad in Italy a few years ago and a weekend trip to Naples brought the best thin crusted pizza I have ever had. This flat bread pizza was inspired by that crispy uneven deliciousness!
Broccoli and Chicken Sausage Pizza
- 1 lb of white meat chicken sausage out of the casing
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil divided
- 3 medium sized carrots grated
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 8 spears of asparagus
- 1 bunch of broccoli rabe washed and cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 can of cannellini beans rinsed
- 2 tablespoons of grated romano cheese
- pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup part skim grated mozzarella
- 1 flat-out flatbread
- Preheat toaster oven to broil. Rub the asparagus and mushroom with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil and broil for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, over medium high heat brown the sausage in a large skillet and place in bowl. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the broccoli rabe and carrots and cook till wilted. Turn the heat down to medium and cook till tender approximately 10 minutes. Add the sausage, beans and romano cheese. Cook 5 minutes. Spread the pesto over the flat out. Cut up the mushroom and asparagus into bite size pieces and place on top of the pesto. Top with the chicken sausage mixture and mozzarella. Bake at 425 degrees (pizza setting if you have it) for 15 minutes. Cut into four pieces.
Subscribe for the latest Real Tips!
I believe thatyou can be the by giving your body what it delicious, whole foods, movement, living mindfully, and connecting to others.
Enter your email below to get the latest Real Tips and Real Recipes, as well as exclusive access to members-only Recipes, eBooks, discounts, and more!
Let me help you be the best you possible: the REAL You.