I received an entire box of free Toufayan Pita Pockets (http://www.Toufayan.com) to enter into a sponsored recipe contest, and am eligible to win a prize for this recipe! Although I was not compensated for my time, I was able to eat these delicious Pita Rabbits right in time for Easter!
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 medium red peper chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups brocolli chopped
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 1 large zucchini shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 cup romano cheese grated
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim mozzarella shredded
- 1/4 cup low sodium chick peas rinsed
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves chiffonade
- 1 black olive sliced
- 1/2 orange pepper sliced
- 2 Toufayan Organic Whole Wheat Sprouted Pitas cut and split in half
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons canola oil
- Halve the pita pockets to form 4 rounds. Cut two of the rounds into ear shapes and arrange rough sides up, on a baking sheet and toast them in a preheated 350° oven for 5 minutes, or until they are pale golden and crisp. Sprinkle half the mozzarella onto the pita and bake for 1 minute, or until the mozzarella is melted. While the pitas are toasting, in a large skillet cook the onion and the garlic in a tablespoon oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until the onion is softened, add the red pepper, broccoli, carrot, zucchini and crushed red pepper, adding more oil if needed. Cook the mixture, stirring, for 4 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in half the remaining mozzarella, Romano, tomato, and chick peas and divide the mixture among the pitas. Add the remaining mozzarella, and broil the pita under a preheated broiler about 4 inches from the heat for 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Decorate with the sliced olives and orange peppers.
Subscribe for the latest Real Tips!
I believe thatyou can be the by giving your body what it delicious, whole foods, movement, living mindfully, and connecting to others.
Enter your email below to get the latest Real Tips and Real Recipes, as well as exclusive access to members-only Recipes, eBooks, discounts, and more!
Let me help you be the best you possible: the REAL You.