I received an entire box of free Toufayan Pita Pockets (http://www.Toufayan.com) to enter into a sponsored recipe contest, and am eligible to win a prize for this recipe! Although I was not compensated for my time, I was able to eat these delicious chicken veggie burgers stuffed inside healthy whole wheat pita pockets!
I usually buy my chicken burgers already made from the butcher, but I always think I can make a healthier, tastier version. I wanted to see how they would come out if I added my own vegetables and extra lean chicken chop meat. I loved the organic sprouted whole wheat pitas I used for my Pita Rabbit, and had leftover sauteed vegetables so I added those to the burgers.
I cooked them inside this time instead of outside on the grill.
They were absolutely amazing with avocado, tomato, spinach leaves and some salsa verde; yummy!
Veggie Chicken Burger in a Whole Wheat Pita Pocket
- 16 oz 98% chopped chicken meat
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablesppon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup jalapeno light cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 Toufayan Organic Whole Wheat Sprouted Pitas toasted
- Chop the vegetables in a food processor, cook with a small amount of canola oil until softened. Mix the chop meat, bread crumbs and zucchini mixture together. Form 6 patties. Fry in the canola oil. Top with a small amount of cheese.
- Serve inside a toasted whole wheat pita pocket stuffed with toppings of your choice.
Subscribe for the latest Real Tips!
I believe thatyou can be the by giving your body what it delicious, whole foods, movement, living mindfully, and connecting to others.
Enter your email below to get the latest Real Tips and Real Recipes, as well as exclusive access to members-only Recipes, eBooks, discounts, and more!
Let me help you be the best you possible: the REAL You.