Broccoli and Chicken Sausage Pizza
A healthy alternative to traditional pizza with delicious veggies, part skim cheese on a flatbread with plenty of leftovers to serve over whole grain pasta!
- 1 lb of white meat chicken sausage out of the casing
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil divided
- 3 medium sized carrots grated
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 8 spears of asparagus
- 1 bunch of broccoli rabe washed and cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 can of cannellini beans rinsed
- 2 tablespoons of grated romano cheese
- pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup part skim grated mozzarella
- 1 flat-out flatbread
Preheat toaster oven to broil. Rub the asparagus and mushroom with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil and broil for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, over medium high heat brown the sausage in a large skillet and place in bowl. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the broccoli rabe and carrots and cook till wilted. Turn the heat down to medium and cook till tender approximately 10 minutes. Add the sausage, beans and romano cheese. Cook 5 minutes. Spread the pesto over the flat out. Cut up the mushroom and asparagus into bite size pieces and place on top of the pesto. Top with the chicken sausage mixture and mozzarella. Bake at 425 degrees (pizza setting if you have it) for 15 minutes. Cut into four pieces.