Earth Day Carrot Top Pesto
Earth day calls for no wasting. This carrot top lemon pesto is a great alternative to your basil pesto and does just that. It utilizes every part of the carrot and is just as delicious, maybe more so than your traditional pestos.
- 16 bunch carrot green tops
- 1/4 cup toasted nuts (I used almonds)
- 1/4 cup Romano grated cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- zest 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Place all ingredients in a small food processor and mix until smooth.
Add black pepper to taste and adjust lemon and oil.
Serve with vegetables, or whole wheat pita chips or even on your sandwiches or pasta! Yum!